hover animation preload

A Singular and Present Focus
by Leigh in ,

A lot of people have asked about the photo of Lucky doing her favorite thing on my about page.  I think it is a great photo as it captures Lucky totally immersed in one of the things she is passionate about -  squirrel gazing.

Squirrel gazing?  You betcha'.  Lucky has an incredible capacity for watching a squirrel in a tree.  Of course her first love is to chase the squirrel up into the tree, but after that is achieved, she will keep an eye on her bushy tailed nemesis for an extended period of time.  In fact, I often have to curtail her squirrel viewing time.  After an hour of looking up into the tree tops, I become concerned that she will develop a stiff neck.

There is more to this photo than meets the eye.  Yes, it is a great photo of Lucky, clear and with wonderful contrast.  What makes it really awesome though is the message about life Lucky shares with us in this photo.  A singular focus.  Being in the moment.

I have learned a lot about life from Lucky.  She has been a wonderful teacher and I am most grateful for the bond I have with her.  The subjects of focus and being in the moment have always struck a chord with me.  Everything I have read indicates that focus and being present in a moment are deeply rewarding.

Achieving a singular and present focus has always been just outside of my reach as a participant in today's 24/7 plugged in multitasking culture.  Lucky's focus is what I strive for.  It is the best visual cue I have for what it looks like to be totally in the moment.  I hope that you might find Lucky's lesson of a singular and present focus to be of value in your life.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment