hover animation preload

Got Bread?
by Leigh in

I am on a mission to bake a great loaf of bread.  I was pretty successful with a bread machine when we lived in Maryland, however after moving to Colorado my luck with the bread machine changed and I gave up on home-made bread for several years.  About four months ago, I decided to try again and with the aid of "Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day" by Jeff Hertzberg, MD and Zoe Francois I have achieved success!  Below is a photo of today's loaf:


Wow!  What a beautiful golden brown crust!  Awesome rise!!  A wonderful crusty outside with great texture and crumb inside.  This is one of the best loaves I have made!!

This lovely loaf is made from simple and wholesome ingredients - whole wheat, salt, yeast, wheat gluten, olive oil and water.  This is a free form loaf baked on a stone.

If you share in my passion for a good loaf of bread, and you are tired of paying upwards of $5.00 for a high quality artisan whole grain, I highly recommend this method of baking bread.  The 5 Minutes a Day process is a little misleading - the active time (e.g. mixing, forming the loaf, etc) probably equates to 5 minutes.  The inactive times are longer and include time for rising and baking.  After some practice, I have learned how to schedule in both the active and inactive time periods of bread baking into a day.  The smell of fresh baked bread wafting through the house followed by the enjoyment of biting into that first slice is worth it!

YUM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment