hover animation preload

Launch - 10/10/10
by Leigh in

10/10/10 seems like a very good day to launch a blog - couples are rushing to tie the knot today, organizations such as 350.org are hosting a Global Work Party to mobilize action to mitigate global warming, and 10 is often the designated number of items in a list.  With all of this focus on 10/10/10 it seems I should do something notable myself!

What is Lucky Dog Life about and why would anyone want to read this blog?  To answer that question, below is a list of some of the main themes which will most likely be featured in posts:


The First 5
  1. I am Lucky's guardian.  She is an awesome rescue dog who now resides in Northern Colorado after having traveled from Hong Kong (where she was born) and having lived in the two Washingtons (Seattle, WA as well as the DC Metro area).  Lucky has been a great companion and a major part of my life.  She has been a terrific teacher as well.
  2. I am lucky to have found a wonderful partner in my husband.  You will probably see him in photos.
  3. What a Lucky Dog I am!  I have enjoyed a successful international career and am now exploring a new chapter in life.  I quit my day job just over a month ago and I am in the process of creating a new gig for myself.  Follow me on this journey!
  4. Life in Colorado means experiencing Nature's Playground!  Biking, hiking, snowshoeing, and skiing abound.  Majestic mountains and bright starry nights humble me and make me realize that I am just a part of it all.  After living in many other places, we were lucky to have had the opportunity to move to Northern Colorado.
  5. Living a (more) simple life is something I strive for.  I admit my husband has been a big influence in this area and I have quite often thought he was nuts.  I am learning that less is more and we are lucky to have so much.

Followed by items 6 - 10

Bicycle touring, events, rides and things which are bike related.
Healthy eating, meal planning and recipes.
DIY Projects.
Fabrics and fiber.
Gardening.

Keeping in sync with the theme of 10 this is a list of 10 topics and areas of interest.  I am sure that with time, some of these subjects will take a back seat while others will move to the front.  My hope is that readers will find useful information and perhaps some inspiration.  I invite you to join in the conversation and appreciate comments and feedback.  

1 comments:

Unknown said...

good job for a first post, welcome to the blogosphere.

Post a Comment